Friday, April 17, 2009

Another thing I love.

Wanna know what my favourite part of Doctor Who is?
I love figuring things out.
I love it.
I love the foreshadowing and everything.
I love the clues.

I love when they mention one thing 8 thousand times.
Like, when BAD WOLF was
everywhere,
Leading to Rose and her saving of the universe.
Or, when they said 'Torchwood' every episode of season 2,
Leading to the Battle of Canary Wharf.

And I love, after all that, when you recognize the Torchwood logo, hear it's theme music,
Or see 'Bad Wolf' written somewhere-
I love how your stomach flips a little and you giggle
Because you know that Torchwood will end up a major plot point of an episode
And that Rose will come back to save the world eventually.

And you feel brilliant.
You feel smarter than the Doctor
Because you caught it and he didn't.
And you wanna tell someone so bad.
But at the same time, you want to keep it to yourself
Because, for some reason, if anyone else knows,
You're not quite as brilliant anymore.
You don't feel smarter than a Time Lord anymore.


God, I love Doctor Who.

2 comments:

  1. I was just surreptitiously wandering through the world of blog when i stumbled across your page and this certain blog.
    And I laughed as I found myself agreeing with everything you said. I love watching doctor who and trying to unravel the mysteries before the next weeks episode airs as it makes doctor who ten times better and more enjoyable, not to mention you get into WHOLE lot more. Or so I think :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what a crazy random happenstance. :D
    I do believe this is fate.
    Because of this event, I have had the pleasure of discovering your blog, which I find highly amusing.
    There really is nothing like finding a new blog.
    Or the Doctor. There is nothing like Doctor Who. :]

    ReplyDelete