Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Half-Blood Prince

Let me start of by saying
SPOILERS.

Everything good?
'kay. Let's get this moving.

My favorite Harry Potter film has always been Prisoner of Azkaban.
Now, there's nothing wrong with Sorcerer's Stone, Chamer of Secrets, Goblet of Fire, or Order of the Phoenix.
I just have little tiny things I dislike. And things I enjoy.
Sorcerer's Stone- Snape was girly. And, let's be honest, Sorcerer's Stone is boring when compared with the rest of the series. I did like Dan's little "NEVER!" at Voldy, then Voldy's like "KILL HIM!" That was ace. And Ollivander was fantastic.
Chamber of Secrets- Snape was girly, again. But I did like the Flitwick they used in the first two movies. Also, I really love Richard Harris as Dumbledore.
Prisoner of Azkaban- LUPIN! :D lupinlupinlupinlupin Lupin is my favorite! Lupin and SIRIUS. So, yeah, most of what I like about Prisoner of Azkaban is the storyline, but... can you blame me? And Snape finally stopped being a woman... but... Dumbledore was a git, wasn't he.
Goblet of Fire- I did think Goblet of Fire was a legit film, but... I don't know. There's just something I didn't like about it. Maybe the script. Because the script sucked and Michael Gambon's bad acting choices. And Robert Pattinson as Cedric? Really!?
Order of the Phoenix- I can honestly say I didn't enjoy this movie. Again with the awful script and such. And Quidditch just disappears? But I won't complain too much. A lot of people proclaim this one as their favorite.

But at 12:01 AM, when I was sitting in the movie theater, I thought to myself, "What if this is even better than Prisoner of Azkaban?
Oh, if only I could have known.
The opening scene itself sent shivers down my spine.
"Oh, yes," I thought to myself, "This may just be better."
About, a quarter of the way into the movie (guessing).
"Oh." confirmed; most definitely better than Prisoner of Azkaban.

Now comes the spoilers. My favorite scenes in the movie.
The ones that made me laugh. The ones that made me cry.
Let's start with the comedy.
1. When Ron tries out for Quidditch-
Amusing scene. Fit for a good laugh.
2. When Ron takes the love potion by accident-
Really, truly amazing acting. Even better than how I imagined the scene in my head.
3. When Harry takes the Felix Felicis-
Fantastic acting on Dan's part. Could hardly understand what anyone else was saying. Too busy laughing at Dan.

Then we start to get into the really 'core stuff. This is the material I LOVE in movies.
1. Christmas Break-
I break this down so precisely because so much happens in the span of about 3 minutes and so many emotions flew past me.
a. When Lupin realizes something isn't right.
I can't even think of a word that describes how I feel about this tiny part of the film.
b. When the Death Eaters apperate in.
Helena Bonham Carter, you are the most fantastic Bellatrix the world could've asked for.
c. When Harry runs past to chase Bellatrix.
When your heart plummets to your feet and you think, "Harry. No."
d. Everyone's reaction to Harry chasing her.
When their hearts plummet to their feet and they scream, "HARRY, NO!"
e. When Ginny runs past to chase Harry.
See parts c and d
f. When they're lost in the field and Greyback finds Ginny.
The terror you can sense Ginny feels.
g. When Harry grabs her hand and stands to protect her.
A strange hopelessness, but at the same time, a complete feeling that everything will be okay.
h. When all the Death Eaters are gathered around.
That feeling that everything will be okay starts to drain.
i. When Harry and Ginny start throwing spells.
The fear that's raging through their bodies.
j. When Lupin, Tonks, and Mr. Weasley rush to their sides.
Ah, hope returns! Kinda...
k. A smirk before torching the Burrow.
All fear forgotten. Sudden grief shreds the soul.
l. As everyone watches the Burrow burn.
Tears. Lots of tears.
2. Ron Weasley and the Love Potion That Was Meant for Harry.
Actually, of this part of the movie, there was one moment that stood out to me.
a. When Ron is poisoned.
Such FANTASTIC acting. Just... Ah! Amazing. Honestly. Magical.
3. Draco Malfoy.
Let me begin by claiming that Draco is my second favorite character in the series. Therefore, yeah, I am a bit bias toward him.
a. The entire thing.
WAS AMAZING. Tom Felton is utterly whimsical.

But now, my favorite scene of the movie.
When Draco is crying in the bathroom and Harry follows him.
The fight, essentially.
Again with the no word to describe the feeling.


Anyway, it's 4 AM and I'm EXHAUSTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment